News & Events
For media inquiries and other press-related questions, please contact the NAAG Press Center at (202) 326-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volume 7, Number 6-7
NAAG Hosts Summer Interns: July 2013
Every year, NAAG hosts interns from across the country to provide meaningful opportunities for law students and others to gain valuable work experience, refine their skills, and learn about the work of attorneys general in various legal and policy areas. Interns work alongside NAAG counsel and participate in a number of activities to supplement their learning experience such as attending Capitol Hill hearings. The following interns are working with NAAG this summer:
- Diana Abrego is working in NAAG’s Finance Department. She graduated this year from the University of Virginia with a BA in economics. Diana is debating a return to school where she would be interested in pursuing a master’s in public policy.
- Jasmine Carr is working with NAAG’s Web & New Media Services director. She graduated in May from Hampton University with a BA in public relations and a minor in marketing. Originally from Silver Spring, she is helping to design NAAG newsletters and publications, as well as updating NAAG’s webpage. Eventually, Jasmine would like to return to graduate school to earn an MBA.
- Artun Ereren is working as a NAGTRI intern, NAAG's training and research institute. He is from Orange, Calif., and graduated from California State University, Fullerton in 2013 with a degree in History. Artun is interested in law school and he would like to use his JD to work on conservation, sustainability, and other environmental matters.
- Carl Hayslett is serving this year as the Bill Brown Fellow from the Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law. Bill Brown served as Ohio attorney general from 1971-1983 after receiving his law degree from Ohio Northern University. The school later established a fellowship in his honor. At NAAG, Carl is working on a political corruption project, where he researches politicians and other elected officials who have engaged in corrupt activity, including its psychological causes and effects. Carl will start his second year of law school this fall. He received his undergraduate degree in music education from the University of Dayton. Post law school, Carl will decide on whether to pursue a career in the military’s Judge Advocate General’s Corps or to continue to use his teaching license to work on educational law and policy in Ohio.
- Breanne Hoke is working as an intern for NAAG’s training and research institute, NAGTRI, as she awaits her second year at American University’s College of Law. She is performing research relating to common interest agreements, multi-level marketing schemes, and intellectual property issues within education contexts. Additionally, Breanne has assisted on projects relating to the legalization of marijuana and human trafficking. Before law school, Breanne received her BA in political science from UC-Irvine.
- John Ramsey works with NAAG’s Tobacco Project. He is focusing on active bankruptcy proceedings and performing research related to the sale of cigarettes on Indian reservations. He attends Duke University School of Law and he will start his third year in the fall. After receiving his BA in English from Boston College, John took a job with the John Hancock Life Insurance Company. Following law school, John is interested in practicing trusts and estates law.
- Sean Wall is also working as a NAGTRI intern, having just completed his second year of law school at Boston College. At NAAG, he is focusing his research on consumer protection issues pertaining to deceptive trade practices. For his undergraduate work, Sean studied economics at Ohio State University. Upon completion of law school, Sean is interested in working in securities regulation.
SAVE THE DATE
Contact: Mark Neil
This training will take place at The Office of the Attorney General of Massachusetts
Contact: Bill Malloy
New York University Law School; New York, NY
Contact: Chris Toth
Contact: Chris Toth
Contact: Hedda Litwin
This training will take place at the Little Rock Marriot in Little Rock, AR
Contact: Jeanette Manning