The National Attorneys General Training & Research Institute
IAP Global Conference on Human Trafficking
NAGTRI Criminal Justice Instructor, Latin American Programs
(202)-326-6267 | firstname.lastname@example.org
NAGTRI Program Counsel
(202) 326-6258 | email@example.com
(202) 326-6268 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Registration Ends 29 Dec.
El San Juan Hotel
6063 Av. Isla Verde
Carolina, Puerto Rico 00979
NAAG Privacy Notice
International Association of Prosecutors’ Global Conference on Human Trafficking
Working Cooperatively to Protect and Restore Victims
17-18 January 2019
Hosted by the International Association of Prosecutors in collaboration with the National Attorneys General Training and Research Institute.
The conference will be in English with Spanish translation available.
The conference will provide a forum primarily for international prosecutors to build a worldwide network, collaborate and learn from one another, and formulate effective strategies in response to the global human trafficking epidemic. The conference will also be of interest to law enforcement and other government officials. Conference attendees will:
- Focus on practical investigative and prosecutor techniques to strengthen how they handle their cases while discussing current and emerging issues and trends.
- Learn approaches to better understand and assist victims of human trafficking.
- Benefit from a post-Summit report on recommendations and potential next steps generated during the Summit.
Featuring speakers from the nonprofit, government, law enforcement, and therapeutic sectors, plenary and breakout topic highlights will include:
- The current and evolving posture of human trafficking worldwide.
- Methods and trends traffickers use to recruit and exploit victims, including sexual exploitation of children.
- Techniques to infiltrate, investigate, and disrupt human trafficking networks that engage in money laundering including a focus on illicit asset forfeiture and corruption. The role social media plays in continuing criminal activities, prevention campaigns and outreach for vulnerable communities.
- Proactive preparation to reduce trafficking opportunities during times of conflict, natural disaster or large sporting events.
- There is no spouse or partner program with this conference.
- Registration includes all breakfasts and lunches and dinner on Thursday.