This course addresses the state privacy protection legislation, including the California and New Jersey Privacy Protection Acts and the Illinois Biometric Act, enacted in the wake of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Define data privacy laws.
- Discuss what led to their creation.
- Identify what they regulate.
- State how they impact businesses outside the state.
- Explain whether a one size fits all legislative fix at the national level is available or, for that matter, possible.