This course on the principles and practicalities of leading offers the opportunity to further understand the environment of the attorney general’s office and to focus on practical steps for leading successful transitions. The content is also helpful to managerial leaders at all levels in the office whose roles are to offer institutional knowledge and experience, and to support the transition and implement priorities.
This course was created by the NAGTRI Center for Leadership Development.
- Understand transition and the impact of change on the Attorney General’s Office.
- Identify managerial leadership skills and strategies for leading the office through transition successfully.
- List the differences between change and transition.
- Describe what you can do to effect successful transitions.
- Match your leadership strategy to your transition situations.
- Use persuasion-based influence strategies to combat resistance to change.