This course discusses several Supreme Court cases on bankruptcy and tax issues from the 2018 term. It covers the holdings, how they will be applied, and what effect they will have on the states going forward. These cases include: Franchise Tax Board of Ca. v. Hyatt (No. 17-1299), Mission Product Holdings Inc. v. Tempnology, LLC (No. 17-1657), Taggart v. Lorenzen (No. 18-489), and Obduskey v. McCarthy & Holthus LLP (No. 17-1307).
Visit the NAAG Center for Supreme Court Advocacy for more case analysis.
- Discuss Subchapter V and when it applies.
- List the duties of the subchapter V debtor in possession and trustee.
- Explain the role of mandatory status conference under subchapter V.
- Articulate the changes made to confirmation of the consensual and non-consensual plans.
- Identify changes to plan payments, modifications, and discharge.