The National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) offers continuing legal education (CLE) credit for the majority of its live and on-demand trainings. However, please note that not all trainings are available for CLE credit and approval of a course is at the discretion of each state bar.
For questions related to state bar requirements, please directly contact your state bar. For questions about CLE for a specific program, please contact the NAAG staff member responsible for support of that program.
Credit Approval Process
- For members of the attorney general community, NAAG will apply for CLE credit to one jurisdiction on your behalf at no charge within 15 business days of the conclusion of a program.
- For individuals outside of the attorney general community, NAAG will apply for CLE credit to one jurisdiction on your behalf within 15 business days of the conclusion of a program if CLE is included in the registration fee for that program.
- Individuals from the following states should apply on their own due to CLE processing guidelines:
- AR, AS, AZ, CNMI, CT, DC, GU, HI, IN, MA, MD, MI, MT, NE, NH, PR, SD, VI, VT
- The Uniform Certificate of Attendance (UCA) certifies your attendance and represents a good faith estimate of the credit you are likely to receive, subject to your state’s individual CLE rules and regulations.
- Credit approval could take up to 10 weeks after a training, depending on the state.
- NAAG recommends waiting 10 weeks after the training date to inquire with your state bar about credit approval. They will likely be unable to provide you with information prior to this time.
- NAAG will send a UCA to attendees who qualify for course credit following the conclusion of a program. Do not submit the UCA to NAAG.
- NAAG reports attendance for individuals in states that require an accredited provider to do so:
- AL, DE, GA, ID, IL, KS (webinars only), LA, NV, NM, NC, OH, OK, PA**, SC, RI, TN, TX, UT, WA, WV
- Participants must report their own attendance once they receive the Course Approval Code from NAAG:
- CO, FL, IA, KS (non-webinars), KY, MN, OR, VA
- Participants in Approved Jurisdiction States should request a CLE approval letter from NAAG for another state and provide it to their state bar in order to self-report:
- AK, CA, HI, NY
* Disclaimer: The above information is not intended to be comprehensive. It is each individual’s responsibility to know and comply with their state’s CLE regulations. For more information regarding your state’s specific reporting rules and regulations, please contact your state’s CLE authority.
** CLE credit is not currently available for NAAG webinars and on-demand online trainings in PA.
For NAAG related CLE questions or concerns, please email Parker Schmidt at email@example.com.