Attorney General’s Office
Department of Law
Assistant Attorney General – Medicaid Fraud – Legal – Civil
Salary Range $65,000-135,000
The mission of the Department of Law is to serve the citizens of the State of Georgia by providing legal representation of the highest quality to the agencies, officers and employees of state government and by honorably and vigorously carrying out the constitutional and statutory responsibilities of the Attorney General. The Department of Law is organized into the Executive Office, five legal divisions, four specialty units and an operations division. The position filled through this announcement will serve in the Legal section of our Medicaid Fraud Division.
The Assistant Attorney General position will represent the State of Georgia in investigations and litigation under the Georgia False Medicaid Claims Act. The Attorney General, through the Medicaid Fraud Division, has statewide jurisdiction for the recovery of civil remedies involving Medicaid fraud by providers. Much of the litigation involves whistleblower lawsuits filed in federal court. Some travel is expected.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participation as a member of the multidisciplinary team to investigate allegations of fraud against the Georgia Medicaid program;
- Contribute to joint federal-state investigations including the possible litigation of matters in federal district court;
- Collaborate with other state and federal law enforcement partners as necessary;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this title. They may not include all job duties performed by employees on this job title, and every position does not necessarily require these duties.
Graduation from an accredited law school and Member of the Georgia Bar
Preference will be given to applicants who possess one or more items below:
- Attorneys with civil litigation experience, with an emphasis on healthcare or fraud matters.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team is a plus.
Follow the link below to APPLY:
*To move forward in the recruiting process ALL External applicants are required to:
- Attach a current Resume
- Cover Letter
- Attach “Department of Law Employment Application“
(click link to obtain: http://law.georgia.gov/careers/application-forms)
- Attach two (2) writing samples
- Attach copies of official undergraduate transcripts
- Attach copies of official law school transcripts
- Answer all prescreening questions
*Unofficial Transcripts are accepted during interview process