Division of Criminal Justice
Organized Crime Task Force – White Plains
Assistant Deputy Attorney General
Reference No. OCTF_WP_ADAG_3319
Application Deadline is March 5, 2021
The New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking an experienced prosecutor to join its Organized Crime Task Force (OCTF) in White Plains. OCTF conducts long-term criminal investigations related to gang activity, drug trafficking, firearms trafficking, loan sharking, bookmaking, money laundering, fraud, grand larceny, labor racketeering, and other white-collar crime as well as human trafficking. OCTF is comprised of dedicated attorneys, analysts and investigators who are responsible for the cases from the inception of the investigation through final disposition.
Under the direction of the Deputy Bureau Chief and Deputy Attorney General in Charge, Assistant Deputy Attorneys General perform detailed oversight of complex, long-term criminal investigations, meet strict deadlines, and work hand-in-hand with our law enforcement partners across the state. Extensive writing experience is required in the areas of eavesdropping warrant applications, search warrants, and indictments.
We are seeking applicants with the following qualifications:
- Minimum of four (4) years of prosecutorial experience, including handling complex investigations, substantial grand jury and trial experience.
- Experience with investigative techniques such as search warrants, wiretaps, cooperating witnesses, undercover operations and forensic analysis of documents and financial records.
- Excellent analytical, research and writing skills.
- Firm grasp of Criminal Procedure Law Articles 700, 705, 690, the Stored Communications Act and federal reporting requirements for court-authorized eavesdropping.
Applicants must reside in (or intend to soon become a resident of) New York State and be admitted to practice law in New York State. In addition, the Public Officers Law requires that attorneys in the Office be citizens of the United States. A two (2) year commitment upon being hired is a condition of employment.
OAG employees serve more than 19 million state residents through a wide variety of occupations. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State.
Applications are being received online. To apply, please visit our careers website: https://ag.ny.gov/job-postings.
To ensure consideration, applications must be received by close of business on Friday, March 5.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
- Cover Letter (which may be addressed to Legal Recruitment);
- List of three (3) references (with contact information including email addresses);
- Most recent transcript (if less than 5-years postgraduate) and a
- Writing sample.
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment via email at email@example.com or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: ag.ny.gov.