We need a dynamic, experienced litigator who can head up this effort. The successful candidate will lead a team of two to four attorneys pursuing some of the most interesting and consequential cases the Office is handling. This is an opportunity to get in at inception—to form and lead that team on a new and exciting effort.
Strategic vision, political savvy, and compatibility with the administration’s legal philosophy and goals are all important. We expect to file suits with a good chance of landing in the U.S. or Kansas Supreme Court, and need a Deputy AG who can litigate and choose cases with that end in mind.
Licensing & Certification
- Membership in good standing with the Bar of the Supreme Court of Kansas or eligible for admission on waiver
- A valid driver’s license
- At least five (5) years post-J.D. experience
- Significant experience in criminal, civil, or administrative litigation
- Excellent writing ability
- Prior experience or demonstrated interest in federalism and constitutional rights
- At least eight (8) years post-J.D. experience
- Judicial clerkship
- Experience supervising and mentoring attorneys or related staff
- Experience with strategic public-interest litigation or related efforts
- Experience litigating under Section 1983, the Administrative Procedure Act, or similar statutes
Submit the following documents via email.
- Cover Letter (optional)
- Writing Sample (no more than ten pages)
- Most recent job performance review, if available
- DD214 (if you are claiming Veteran’s Preference)