The Office of the Attorney General is seeking qualified candidates for a Narcotics Investigator located in the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Drug Task Force. Candidates should be hard-working, motivated, and committed to public service on behalf of the people of the State of New Hampshire.
• Responds to scenes to assist other divisions and agencies on narcotic related offenses.
• Receives and acts on information from citizens on narcotics related activity.
• Conducts controlled purchases, buy-busts and covert operations.
• Recruits and manages confidential informants.
• Conducts surveillance of narcotic traffickers.
• Prepares probable cause affidavits for the arrest of offenders identified during investigations.
• Plans and participates in search and arrest warrant executions.
• Obtains and serves search and arrest warrants, including seizing property.
• Utilizes still and video photography. Records statements and confessions.
• Prepare and present investigative reports to the respective prosecutorial authority.
• Assist the NH Attorney General’s Office and the United States Attorney with cases for grand jury and trial preparation.
• Assists other agencies, divisions, sections or personnel as needed or directed.
• Testifies in state, federal, municipal courts concerning investigative work performed.
• Maintains intelligence information on narcotics traffickers, street and prison gang members, and drug trafficking organizations
operating in the New Hampshire area.
• Maintains ledger and receipts for all investigation related expenditures.
• Collect and secures evidence, maintaining a chain of custody.
• Works in an undercover capacity when required.
• Potential assignment to a federal narcotics task force as a task force officer.
• Certification as a law enforcement officer in New Hampshire, or out-of-state police certification recognized by New Hampshire Police Standards Training Council.
• Three years of experience as a law enforcement officer. Previous investigative experience preferred in lieu of patrol experience.
• Applicants are required to participate in an oral board interview and an extensive background investigation.
The position offers competitive salary and excellent benefits—including health, dental, and life insurance.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and CV to Sean P. Gill, Esq., Chief of Staff, New Hampshire Department of Justice, 1 Granite Place South, Concord, NH 03301 or email to: email@example.com