National Association of Attorneys General
NAAG's Antitrust counsel works to facilitate communication among the attorney general offices and their staff, and monitors legislative and regulatory developments in antitrust. NAAG hosts an annual seminar for attorneys general and their staff and a portion of it is open to the public.
The Antitrust Committee’s primary role is to facilitate the state attorneys general's mission to enforce state and federal antitrust laws in order to benefit consumers by ensuring the operation of efficient and effective markets. The Committee develops NAAG’s policy positions on antitrust enforcement and encourages competition advocacy at both a state and federal level. The Committee also fosters continued information exchange among the states about all aspects of state antitrust enforcement including investigation, litigation, amicus curiae opportunities, state and federal legislation and litigation training. The Committee administers funds designated by court order or by the attorneys general to be used to support antitrust enforcement. In addition, the Committee works toward enhanced cooperation with the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission and other relevant federal agencies through joint and coordinated enforcement, harmonization of enforcement policies, and improved information sharing.
NAAG Multistate Task Force
The Antitrust counsel also supports the work of NAAG's Multistate Antitrust Task Force. The Task Force is chaired by Sarah Allen, assistant attorney general, Virginia Attorney General's Office. The Task Force coordinates multistate antitrust litigation.
- Attorney General Phil Weiser (CO), Co-Chair
- Attorney General Doug Peterson (NE), Co-Chair
- Attorney General Leslie Rutledge (AR)
- Attorney General William Tong (CT)
- Attorney General Karl A. Racine (DC)
- Attorney General Tom Miller (IA)
- Attorney General Jeff Landry (LA)
- Attorney General Brian Frosh (MD)
- Attorney General Letitia A. James (NY)
- Attorney General Dave Yost (OH)
- Attorney General Alan Wilson (SC)
- Attorney General Ken Paxton (TX)
NAAG Staff Contact: Emily Myers, (202) 326-6254