The National Attorneys General Training & Research Institute
National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG)
This Privacy Notice of the National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG)) reflects the importance NAAG places on privacy rights and its commitment to develop policies that are consistent with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union and it applies to all personal information that is collected and processed by NAAG. It addresses the specific information NAAG collects and processes, the purposes for such collection and processing, and your privacy rights pertaining to such collection and processing. NAAG encourages you to read this Privacy Notice thoroughly.
The National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) was founded in 1907 to help attorneys general fulfill the responsibilities of their office and to assist in the delivery of high-quality legal services to the states and territorial jurisdictions. It is located at 1850 M Street, Northwest, 12th floor, Washington, D.C.
NAAG collects and processes the personal information you submit directly to us on our application to attend a NAAG Program including:
· Personal and contact details, including but not limited to your full name, work address, email address(es), and telephone number
· Your date of birth
· Your country of origin and country of citizenship
· Your professional background and experience, including your professional level, years in practice or of legal experience
· Your supervisor’s contact data, including name, title and email address
· Your language capability, including your native language, languages spoken or read and English-speaking capabilities
NAAG uses your personal data to notify you of the availability of a NAAG program for which you may be eligible, to assess your qualifications to attend a NAAG Program and to contact you regarding the status of any application you submit. NAAG is unable to consider you as a potential attendee at a NAAG Program if you do not provide the information requested on the program application.
The legal basis for NAAG’s collection and processing of your personal information is contained under Article 6.1a of the GDPR which provides for processing of data to which the subject has given consent by submitting an application and associated documents.
NAAG will retain the information submitted in your application for as long as NAAG continues to offer programs that are made available to international attendees.
NAAG uses several 3rd party software programs to collect, manage, store and process your personal information. It does not share your personal information with any other entity.
NAAG has taken the appropriate measures to protect the personal information it collects and processes, including appropriate anti-virus software, a firewall, regularly scheduled backups and support management services.
All residents of the European Union have the following rights as to the information submitted to NAAG:
Please contact the NAAG Administrator (information below) to:
· Be further informed about the processing of your personal information;
· Have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
· Restrict processing of your personal information;
· Have your personal information erased;
· Request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it;
· Move, copy or transfer your personal information;
· Withdraw your consent;
· Object to the processing of your information.
Chief Administrative Office
1850 M St., NW, 12th floor
Washington, D.C. 20036