The National Attorneys General Training & Research Institute
Monday, October 19, 2020
2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. ET
Hosted by the NAGTRI Center for Ethics and Public Integrity
- Amie Ely, Director, NAGTRI Center for Ethics & Public Integrity, National Association of Attorneys General
- Benjamin Allee, Partner, Yankwitt LLP
- Tim VanderGiesen, Division Chief, Public Corruption Unit, Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office
Join Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office Public Corruption Unit Division Chief Tim VanderGiesen and former federal prosecutor Benjamin Allee for a webinar addressing state and federal election crimes. During this webinar, speakers will:
- Discuss general principles for investigating and prosecuting election crimes;
- Provide an overview of some federal and state election laws
- Explain when federal or state prosecutors have jurisdiction over enforcing violations of election laws; and
- Share several case studies.
This webinar is patterned after the Election Crimes chapter in the forthcoming Anticorruption Manual. Attendees will receive a copy of that chapter, which was authored by Tim VanderGiesen, and be notified when the Anticorruption Manual is available for purchase, likely in early 2021.
There is no cost to attend this webinar, which is open to members of the attorney general community, as well as other prosecutors and law enforcement.
How to Register
The registration process for this webinar has been moved to NAAG's online portal. Follow these steps to set up your account and complete your registration. If you experience difficulties setting up an account, please reach out to Emily Snow at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that registration will close 24-hours prior to the webinar.
CLE will be provided for attorneys general staff who have fully attended and participated in the webinar. Certificates of attendance can also be provided for other government attorneys who wish to seek CLE credit. View NAGTRI's CLE policy.
Note: If you or anyone in your office has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Michelle Zaman at email@example.com.