The National Attorneys General Training & Research Institute
NAGTRI, NDAA, & U.S. DOJ Webinar: Success through Synergy: Preventing and Litigating Hate Crimes Through Federal, State, and Local Collaboration
The National Attorneys General Research and Training Institute (NAGTRI), the National District Attorneys Association (NDAA), and the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division (DOJ) are pleased to present a webinar on collaborative approaches to address the rise in hate crimes.
This webinar is available to practitioners from federal, state, and local government who work on hate crime initiatives, or civil or criminal cases for their respective offices. Participants include state attorneys general, state attorneys general human rights client agency regulators, local prosecutors, law enforcement officers, and the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division. This webinar is not open to private industry attorneys or representatives not associated with NAGTRI, NDAA, or DOJ, or otherwise not approved to attend.
The webinar will discuss:
- National hate crimes trends.
- Determining when it makes sense for your office to collaborate with partners on hate crime cases or initiatives.
- Effective strategies for collaborating with partners on hate crime cases or initiatives.
- Hate crime homicide cases where local, state, and federal collaborative approaches yielded impactful results and sentences.
- How to address legal challenges that may arise from collaboration.
- Available resources when considering an initiative or pursuing a civil or criminal case.
Panelists: Christopher Perras, Trial Attorney, Criminal Section, Civil Rights Division, U.S. Department of Justice
Leanne Robbin, Assistant Attorney General, Criminal Division, Maine Attorney General Office
Will Hurst, Assistant District Attorney, Office of the Johnson County District Attorney, Kansas
This webinar will be held on Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 1:30 – 2:30 PM (ET)
No CLE will be provided for this webinar. However, upon individual request, a Uniform Certificate of Attendance may be provided only to those who fully participate. Information will be provided during the webinar regarding receipt of a certificate. Please note that a survey will be sent after the webinar to collect attendance information. It is very important to complete this survey in order to receive a certificate and request credit on your own behalf.
To register, please CLICK HERE.