The purpose of the Human Trafficking Committee is to:
- Provide a forum for state attorneys general to collaborate on issues related to human trafficking.
- Promote best practices aimed at combatting trafficking at the local, state, national, and international levels.
The Human Trafficking Committee focuses on:
- Facilitating education, investigation, prosecution, victim services protection, prevention, and outreach in the human trafficking space.
- Disseminating information on emerging issues and promising practices in the fight against human trafficking.
- Building alliances with international partner agencies and non-governmental organizations that share mutual goals.