This program is hosted by the NAAG Center for Supreme Court Advocacy.
NAAG’s annual State Solicitors General and Appellate Chiefs Conference is scheduled for September 20-21, 2021, at the JW Marriott Hotel in Chicago, Illinois. The conference will provide a forum in which state solicitors general and appellate chiefs can exchange ideas and obtain information that will help improve each state’s appellate practice. The conference will commence on September 20 at 9:00 a.m. CT and conclude on September 21 at approximately 4:15 p.m. CT. View the agenda.
- Kwame Raoul, Illinois Attorney General
- Drew Ensign, Arizona Deputy Solicitor General
- Tom Fisher, Indiana Solicitor General
- Anne Kelly, Division Director of Criminal Appeals, New Mexico Attorney General’s Office
- Mithun Mansinghani, Oklahoma Solicitor General
- Chad Meredith, Kentucky Solicitor General
- Jane E. Notz, Illinois Solicitor General
- Dan Schweitzer, Director and Chief Counsel, NAAG Center for Supreme Court Advocacy
- Lindsay See, West Virginia Solicitor General
- Vikram Amar, Dean and Iwan Professor of Law, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Jessica Ring Amunson, Partner, Jenner & Block LLP
- William Baude, Professor of Law and Faculty Director, Constitutional Law Institute, University of Chicago Law School
- Anisha Dasgupta, New York Deputy Solicitor General
- Bill Davis, Texas Deputy Solicitor General
- Daniel Epps, Treiman Professor of Law, Washington University in St. Louis
- Eric Feigin, Deputy Solicitor General, U.S. Department of Justice
- Richard W. Garnett, Paul J. Schierl / Fort Howard Corporation Professor of Law, University of Notre Dame
- Tyler Green, Partner, Consovoy McCarthy PLLC
- Tara Leigh Grove, Charles E. Tweedy, Jr., Endowed Chairholder of Law & Director, Program in Constitutional Studies, University of Alabama School of Law
- F. Andrew Hessick, Judge John J. Parker Distinguished Professor of Law, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Tonja Jacobi, Stanford Clinton Sr. and Zylpha Kilbride Clinton Research Professor of Law, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
- Liz Kramer, Minnesota Solicitor General
- Alison LaCroix, Robert Newton Reid Professor of Law, University of Chicago Law School
- Erin E. Murphy, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Richard H. Pildes, Sudler Family Professor of Constitutional Law, New York University School of Law
- Amul R. Thapar, Circuit Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Nominations will be due by Wednesday, August 4, 2021.
One scholarship is available for each attorney general office for this conference. After the nominations have closed, each office will be alerted of which nominated attendee from their office has been accepted for a scholarship. If there is a second attorney general staff member who would like to attend this conference, please contact Noah Rubin at email@example.com for additional information on registering. Registration is complimentary for those attorney general staff members, but travel and lodging expenses would be handled by the attorney general office.
Contact your nominator: If you are interested in attending this conference, click the button below and follow the instructions to contact your office’s NAAG Nominator and submit your interest.
NAAG will apply for CLE for attendees eligible under CLE accrediting body guidelines.