The CCP collaborates with other organizations committed to protecting consumers. These partnerships support attorneys general and their staff in the fight to provide a fair and better marketplace.
The CCP works with partners to enhance its services to the attorney general community by:
- Offering an annual charities conference with the National Association of State Charities Officials (NASCO) for state charities regulators, representatives of the nonprofit sector, and members of the public.
- Providing regional consumer protection meetings for attorney general staff alongside the State Center.
- Coordinating workshops with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to provide the latest information on intellectual property and consumer protection.
- Working closely with the Federal Trade Commission to conduct public education and about consumer topics and facilitating joint investigations enforcement actions, and education and training with attorneys general.
- Working closely with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to conduct public education and about consumer topics and facilitating joint investigations, enforcement actions, and education and training with attorneys general.
- Serving on the leadership group of the Prosecutors Consumer Protection Network, a section of the International Association of Prosecutors to provide a much-needed forum for practitioners around the world to communicate, exchange ideas and experiences, stay informed and collectively innovate and problem solve to advance approaches and techniques, and undermine fraudulent enterprises that harm consumers.
- Hosting summer law clerks through funding provided by the American Bar Association’s Janet D. Steiger Fellowship Project.
For more information, contact:
NAGTRI Center for Consumer Protection Director
NAGTRI Center for Consumer Protection Program Counsel