CEPI provides attorney general offices with vital training to support the fight against corruption.
The national Anticorruption Academy, CEPI’s 5-day flagship course, provides a comprehensive overview of the investigation and prosecution of corruption. Topics include:
- Privilege issues unique to cases involving public officials.
- Investigative planning and the use of undercover officers and informants.
- Press and political considerations.
- Multi-jurisdictional cooperation.
- Trial strategies and common defenses.
- Common ethical issues facing the corruption prosecutor.
Designed for both civil and criminal government attorneys, CEPI ethics courses and presentations address varied areas including:
- Discovery, Giglio, and Brady issues, including in multi-jurisdictional and/or multi-agency cases.
- Parallel proceedings.
- Ethical issues that may arise when a prosecutor is involved in an investigation.
- Navigating media and other scrutiny in high-profile cases.
- How to define and candidly advise agency clients.
Mid-level and Advanced Anticorruption Courses
CEPI offers stand-alone mid-level and advanced anticorruption courses to address corruption cases from beginning to end, including:
- Charging decisions
- Providing discovery and disclosure