WHO: The National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) is hosting the conference in conjunction with Virginia Attorney General and NAAG Southern Region Chair Mark Herring.
Attorneys general scheduled to speak include:
- Mark Herring, Virginia Attorney General and NAAG Southern Region Chair
- Ashley Moody, Florida Attorney General and NAAG Southern Region Vice Chair
- Lynn Fitch, Mississippi Attorney General
- Josh Stein, North Carolina Attorney General
WHAT: This conference will address ways that attorney general offices can combat sexual and domestic violence, including prevention, prosecution and support for victims. The meeting will showcase work done by attorneys general throughout the southern region, both on their own and with partner organizations. View the draft agenda.
Federal, state, and local partners scheduled to speak include:
- Morgan Abbate, Lethality Assessment Program Coordinator, Virginia Attorney General’s Office
- Madison Boden, Physical Evidence Recovery Kit (PERK) Tracking System Coordinator, Virginia Department of Forensic Science
- Kelly Carpenter, SAKI Project Manager, Virginia Attorney General’s Office
- Meg Garvin, Executive Director, National Crime Victim Law Institute
- Derrick Longoria, Detective, Richmond Police Department
- Melissa McMenemy, Virginia Statewide Facilitator, Virginia Attorney General’s Office
- Adriana Mirarchi, Special Agent, Homeland Security Investigations, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Mary Vail Ware, Senior Director for Justice and Victim Services, ICF
- Michelle Welch, Director of the Animal Law Unit and Senior Assistant Attorney General, Virginia Attorney General’s Office
WHEN: Aug. 24-25, 2021
Sessions begin at 8:00 a.m. ET on Aug. 24 and end at noon ET on Aug. 25.
WHERE: The Jefferson Hotel
101 W. Franklin St.
Richmond, VA 23220
In-person and virtual registration is available. For press access, reporters can contact Ashley Wynstra, NAAG communications manager, at email@example.com.
# # #