Notable Association News
News & Events
For media inquiries and other press-related questions, please contact the NAAG Press Center at (202) 326-6047 or email@example.com.
- >> NAAG EXPRESSES CONCERN OVER WEST VIRGINIA BILL LIMITING THE ATTORNEY GENERALíS POWERS The National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) sent a March 7 letter to West Virginia lawmakers expressing concern about a state bill under consideration, HB 4490, that would impose strict new standards on the Office of the West Virginia Attorney General. March 10, 2014
- >> AGS TO CONVENE FOR WINTER MEETING Attorneys General to Discuss Cyber Privacy and Consumer Financial Protection During DC Conference, Feb. 24-26, 2014. February 24, 2014
- >> ATTORNEYS GENERAL TO TRAIN INTERNATIONAL PROSECUTORS THROUGH U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE The National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) and the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL), signed an agreement today establishing an international partnership to train foreign criminal justice personnel. February 24, 2014
- >> AGS SUPPORT FEDERAL PATENT REFORM LEGISLATION The National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) sent a letter today signed by 42 state and territorial attorneys general to U.S. Senate committee leadership offering support for bipartisan federal patent reform legislation that addresses patent trolls and suggesting some amendments. February 24, 2014
- >> U.S. TRADE AGREEMENTS SHOULD NOT APPLY TO TOBACCO The National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) sent a letter today to the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) urging him to exclude tobacco and tobacco products when negotiating all international trade and investment agreements. January 27, 2014