NAAG’s Consumer Protection Spring Conference will be held virtually on May 11-13, 2021. The agenda aims to address pressing and relevant issues specific to your role in consumer protection. On Tues., May 11, the private, nonprofit, and government sectors are invited to attend the public portion of the conference. The sessions on Wed., May 12 and Thurs., May 13 are open to attorney general office staff only.
During the public portion of the conference, NAAG Consumer Protection Committee Co-Chairs will have a discussion with the leaders of the CFPB, FCC, and FTC. There will also be a panel of attorneys general discussing consumer protection issues and priorities. In addition, the public portion will include a panel on how large companies fight scams, as well as, a session on the tax treatment of payments to governmental entities under recent changes to the federal tax code and the impact on consumer protection settlements. Below you will find a link to the public day agenda. Please note that it is subject to change as we prepare for the conference; we plan to keep the website updated with current information.
May 11 at 1:00 pm ET – 5:15 pm ET (Click Here to View Full Public Agenda)
|1:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.||Opening & Welcome|
|1:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.||Fighting Scams Using Gift Cards and Other Payment—Mechanisms|
|2:15 p.m. – 2:25 p.m.||Break|
|2:25 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.||Final IRS Regulations Impacting Consumer Protection Settlement Dollars and Negotiations|
|3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.||Discussion with Federal Consumer Protection Partners|
|4:00 p.m. – 4:10 p.m.||Break|
|4:10 p.m. – 5:10 p.m.||Panel of Attorneys General: Consumer Protection Priorities|
|5:10 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.||Wrap Up|
*All times in Eastern Time
**Please note that the agenda is subject to change.
Attorney General Panelists
- Josh Stein, North Carolina Attorney General, Co-Chair, NAAG Consumer Protection Committee
- Herbert H. Slatery III, Tennessee Attorney General, Co-Chair, NAAG Consumer Protection Committee
- Phil Weiser, Colorado Attorney General
- Leevin T. Camacho, Guam Attorney General
- Clare Connors, Hawaii Attorney General
- Kwame Raoul, Illinois Attorney General
- Tom Miller, Iowa Attorney General
- Lynn Fitch, Mississippi Attorney General
- Wayne Stenehjem, North Dakota Attorney General
- Jessica Rosenworcel, Acting Chairwoman, Federal Communications Commission
- Rebecca Kelly Slaughter, Acting Chair, Federal Trade Commission
- Dave Uejio, Acting Director, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
The full public day agenda will be shared as soon as it is complete. Click here for a skeleton agenda for the attorney general staff-only sessions.
Registration is closed. Please contact Grace Garver at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
|$0||Attorneys General and AG staff|
|$25||Other government and non-profit employees|
|$50||Non-government/general public attendees|
If you have created your NAAG account and do not see the correct pricing listed, please make sure you have entered your organization under your profile. Attorney general staff will need to wait until after your account is verified by your office before being able to register for this webinar.
NAAG will apply for CLE for attendees eligible under CLE accrediting body guidelines.