WHO: The National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) is hosting the conference in conjunction with Vermont Attorney General and NAAG Eastern Region Chair T.J. Donovan.
Attorneys general scheduled to speak include:
- William Tong, Connecticut Attorney General and NAAG Eastern Region Co-Vice Chair
- Karl A. Racine, District of Columbia Attorney General and NAAG President
- Maura Healey, Massachusetts Attorney General
- Letitia James, New York Attorney General
- T.J. Donovan, Vermont Attorney General and NAAG Eastern Region Chair
WHAT: This conference will address ways that attorney general offices can balance the many complex issues presented by rapid advances in technology including the collision of controversial legal ideals and technologies, how to protect individual privacy and autonomy in the surveillance economy, and legislative enactments to protect privacy in the digital age. View the draft agenda.
Federal, state, and local partners scheduled to speak include:
- Peter Welch, U.S. Representative, House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- C. Boggs, Co-Lead FinTech and State AG Practices, King and Spalding LLP
- Sara Cable, Chief, Data Privacy and Security Division, Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office
- Shawn Davis, Director of Digital Forensics, Edelson PC
- Pam Dixon, Executive Director, World Privacy Forum
- Heidi Li Feldman, Professor of Law, Associate Professor of Philosophy, Georgetown University Law Center
- Katherine Forrest, Partner, Litigation, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Tom Galvin, Executive Director, Digital Citizens Alliance
- Clare Garvie, Senior Associate, Center on Privacy & Technology, Georgetown Law
- Kashmir Hill, Technology Reporter, The New York Times
- Hester Peirce, Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Bob Seeman, Managing Partner, CyberCurb
- Ashkan Soltani, Technology Expert, Soltani LLC
- Tim Sparapani, Founder, Strategic Government Relations Consultancy and Privacy Expert, SPQR Strategies
WHEN: Oct. 7-8, 2021
Sessions open to the press are from 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET on Oct. 7 and from 9:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. ET on Oct. 8.
WHERE: Hilton Burlington Lake Champlain
60 Battery Street
Burlington, VA 05401
In-person and virtual registration is available.
For press access, reporters can contact Ashley Wynstra, NAAG communications manager, at email@example.com. All attendees, including reporters, will be asked to do at least ONE of the following:
- Attest that you are or will be fully vaccinated by the time you attend the meeting. According to the CDC, an individual is fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen vaccine).
- OR take a COVID-19 PCR test at least 72 hours prior to attending the meeting and receive a negative test result.
In addition, we will require masking and social distancing during events that will occur in indoor spaces. Attendees should complete this form to attest that they have complied with one of the above guidelines.
# # #