October 7-8, 2021
NAAG’s conference, The Surveillance Economy: How Attorneys General Protect Privacy, Safety, and Equality in the Information Age, will take place on October 7-8, 2021, in Burlington, Vermont. Hosted by Vermont Attorney General and NAAG Eastern Region Chair T.J. Donovan, this conference will address ways that attorney general offices can balance the many complex issues presented by rapid advances in technology including the collision of controversial legal ideals and technologies, how to protect individual privacy and autonomy in the surveillance economy, and legislative enactments to protect privacy in the digital age.
View the agenda
- U.S. House Representative Peter Welch, House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- J.C. Boggs, Co-Lead FinTech and State AG practices, King and Spalding LLP
- Shawn Davis, Director of Digital Forensics, Edelson PC
- Pam Dixon, Executive Director, World Privacy Forum
- Heidi Li Feldman, Professor of Law, Associate Professor of Philosophy, Georgetown University Law Center
- Katherine Forrest, Partner, Litigation, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Tom Galvin, Executive Director, Digital Citizens Alliance
- Kashmir Hill, Technology Reporter, The New York Times
- Hester Peirce, Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Tim Sparapani, Founder, Strategic Government Relations Consultancy and Privacy Expert, SPQR Strategies
This meeting, which will also be offered virtually, will be hosted in accordance with the latest government mandates and health organization guidance. More specific information related to this meeting will be outlined in an email to attendees in October 2021. In the meantime, please review the latest guidance from State of Vermont and the host hotel.
**Early registration rates are available until Friday, September 10, 2021.**
Other government (non-attorney general staff) and non-profit professionals should contact Emily Parsons before registering to receive the discounted rate. Please email Emily Parsons at email@example.com with any questions. NAAG will be using a mobile app for in-person meeting attendees. More information on the app will be available soon.
|Category||Early Registration Fee (Available Until September 11, 2021)||Registration Fee|
|Attorney General Staff||$225||$325|
|Government/Nonprofit (Discount code available upon request)||$425||$525|
|Attorney General Staff||$125|
If you have created your NAAG account and do not see the correct pricing listed, please make sure you have entered your organization under your profile. Attorney general staff will need to wait until after your account is verified by your office before being able to register for this event.
For press access, reporters can contact Ashley Wynstra, NAAG communications manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and Safety
Due to the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic and high prevalence of the Delta variant across the country, the Vermont Attorney General’s Office is taking precautions to ensure that health and safety is an utmost priority at the NAAG Eastern Region Meeting to be held in Burlington, VT. The Vermont office is asking that all panelists, attendees, and staff at the NAAG Eastern Region meeting do at least ONE of the following:
- Attest that you are or will be fully vaccinated by the time you attend the meeting. According to the CDC, an individual is fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen vaccine), OR
- Receive a COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours prior to attending the meeting and receive a negative test result.
In addition, masking and social distancing will be required during events that will occur in indoor spaces.
We appreciate your cooperation in following these guidelines to ensure the health and safety of all attendees. Please complete the following COVID-19 form.
If you would like to request a registration cancellation or refund, please contact Emily Parsons at email@example.com for more information.
NAAG will apply for CLE for attendees eligible under CLE accrediting body guidelines.