The Attorney General Career Staff of the Year Award is given to a career employee in an attorney general’s office who has distinguished himself or herself by providing exceptional service to NAAG and the nation’s attorneys general through exemplary expertise and achievement. This award is given to a any attorney general office employee who meets the criteria set forth above. There is no minimum service time requirement for this award.
A panel of attorneys general, including members of the NAAG Executive Committee, selects the recipient of this award annually.
Recipients of the Career Staff of the Year Award
- Assistant Attorney General Barbara Maines Whaley, Kentucky
- Assistant Attorney General Charles Saunders, Arkansas
- Senior Assistant Attorney General Jenni Peacock, Tennessee
- Deputy Attorney General Michael Leftwich, Tennessee
- Senior Counsel Paul Singer, Texas
- Major Pete La Fuente, Texas
- Assistant Attorney General Bruce Lieberman, Alabama
- Assistant Attorney General Rolf Moan, Oregon
- Assistant Attorney General Stuart Segrest, Montana
- Outreach Coordinator Lori Farris, Kentucky
- Senior Assistant Attorney General Timothy Sylwester, Oregon
- Law Librarian Kevin Coakley-Welch, Massachusetts
- Executive Assistant Jean Marie Leisher, Indiana
- Deputy Solicitor General Laura Dupaix, Utah
- Assistant Attorney General Jessica Whitney, Iowa
- Assistant Attorney General Nathan Blake, Iowa
- Matt Budzik and George O’Connell, Connecticut
Prior to 2014 and the creation of the Senior Staff of the Year Award and the Attorney General Career Staff of the Year Award, NAAG awarded the Staff Member of the Year Award to a member of an attorney general’s staff who had distinguished himself or herself by providing exceptional service to NAAG and the nation’s attorneys general through exemplary leadership, expertise, and achievement. Recipients of the Staff Member of the Year Award from 1986-2013 can be viewed on Senior Staff of the Year Award page.