Please join NAAG and the attorney general community for our return to in-person meetings on August 24-25 in Richmond, Virginia. Hosted by Virginia Attorney General and NAAG Southern Region Chair Mark Herring, Combatting Sexual and Domestic Violence will address ways that attorney general offices can combat sexual and domestic violence, including prevention, prosecution and support for victims. The meeting will showcase work done by attorneys general throughout the southern region, both on their own and with partner organizations.
- Mark Herring, Virginia Attorney General and NAAG Southern Region Chair
- Ashley Moody, Florida Attorney General
- Morgan Abbate, Senior Victim Advocate and Lethality Assessment Program (LAP) Coordinator, Virginia Attorney General’s Office
- Madison Boden, Physical Evidence Recovery Kit (PERK) Tracking System Coordinator, Virginia Department of Forensic Science
- Kelly Carpenter, Sexual Assault Kit Initiative Project Manager, Virginia Attorney General’s Office
- Meg Garvin, Executive Director, National Crime Victim Law Institute
- Derrick Longoria, Detective, Richmond Police Department
- Melissa McMenemy, Statewide Facilitator, Violence Against Women Act Services, Training, Officers, Prosecution (STOP) Grant Program, Virginia Attorney General’s Office
- Adriana Mirarchi, Special Agent, Homeland Security Investigations, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Mary Vail Ware, Senior Director for Justice and Victim Services, ICF
- Michelle Welch, Director of the Animal Law Unit, Senior Assistant Attorney General, Virginia Attorney General’s Office
Registration for the Southern Region Meeting will open soon. Please check back again or subscribe to NAAG communications through your NAAG account for the latest updates.
This meeting, which will also be offered virtually, will be hosted in accordance with the latest government mandates and health organization guidance. More specific information related to this meeting will be outlined in an email to attendees in August 2021. In the meantime, please review the latest guidance from the Commonwealth of Virginia and the host hotel.
More information regarding the room block at The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, Virginia will be available in the coming weeks.
**Early registration rates are available until midnight Friday, July 16, 2021. Other government (non-attorney general staff) and non-profit employees should contact Emily Parsons before registering to receive the discounted rate. Please email Emily Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. NAAG will be using a mobile app for in-person meeting attendees. More information on the app will be available soon.
|Category||Early Registration Fee (Available Until July 16, 2021)||Registration Fee|
|Attorney General Staff||$225||$325|
|Attorney General Staff||$125|
** If you have created your NAAG account and do not see the correct pricing listed, please make sure you have entered your organization under your profile. Attorney general staff will need to wait until after your account is verified by your office before being able to register for this event. **
NAAG will apply for CLE for attendees eligible under CLE accrediting body guidelines.