WHO: The National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) will host its first annual Capital Forum in Washington, D.C.
WHAT: State and territory attorneys general will meet to discuss topics including cooperative federalism, criminal justice reform, artificial intelligence, vaping issues, and cryptocurrency.
Top federal officials scheduled to speak include:
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
- U.S. Attorney General William Barr
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Director Kathy Kraninger
- Federal Trade Commissioner Rohit Chopra
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commissioner Robert Jackson
- U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commissioner Brian Quintenz
- Federal Trade Commissioner Christine S. Wilson
NAAG will elect its new slate of officers for 2020 and host its annual awards ceremony to recognize the work of those who contribute to the attorney general offices and the Association, as well as outgoing attorneys general. This includes NAAG’s most prestigious honor, the Kelley-Wyman Award, bestowed each year upon an attorney general who has done the most to achieve the Association’s objectives.
WHEN: Dec. 9 – 11 (Meals and select sessions are closed to reporters)
WHERE: Washington Hilton 1919 Connecticut Ave., NW Washington, D.C. 20009
Reporters: For a copy of the agenda and/or to receive press credentials to attend, contact Ashley Wynstra, NAAG communications assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-326-6027.
# # #