This intensive, two-day virtual training consists of presentations by experienced practitioners on various aspects of habeas work, as well as breakout sessions where faculty and attendees will discuss hypothetical scenarios to determine the best way to handle habeas matters. Faculty and attendees will also have opportunities to review and discuss various filing templates, which may be used for future habeas cases our participants will encounter.
- John Pallas, First Assistant Attorney General, Criminal Trials and Appeals Division, Department of the Michigan Attorney General
- Donald Jeffrey, Senior Assistant Attorney General, Section Chief, Virginia Office of the Attorney General
- Steve Creason, Chief Counsel, Appeals Division, Indiana Office of Attorney General
- Edward Marshall, Chief, Criminal Appeals Division, Texas Attorney General’s Office
- William Bilderback, Senior Attorney General, California Department of Justice
- Lacey Gard, Section Chief Counsel – Capital Litigation, Arizona Solicitor General’s Office
- Andrea Christensen-Brown, Assistant Attorney General, Criminal Trials and Appeals Division, Department of the Michigan Attorney General
This course is open to attorney general staff only.
NAGTRI will provide a limited number of scholarships to selected participants to participate in the training. Offices are not guaranteed a slot, though NAGTRI makes every effort to accept nominees from as many attorney general offices as possible for each training.
Nominations are closed.
Individuals who fully attend and participate in this training will eligible for CLE credit. View NAGTRI’s CLE policy.
If you or anyone in your office has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Molly Flanagan at email@example.com.