This intensive, online training consists of on-demand lessons covering various aspects of COVID-19 vaccines, followed by a live, three-hour online session where participants will explore possible legal implications of the Food & Drug Administration’s (FDA) approval of COVID-19 vaccines.
The on-demand lessons will consist of videos, PowerPoint presentations, and handouts for participants to prepare for the live session, including:
A video outlining foundational vaccine information, including:
- Vaccine’s history and purpose.
- How vaccines are researched and developed.
- How vaccines are distributed on a routine basis and during a public health emergency.
- How vaccine safety and efficacy are monitored
- Strategies used to increase vaccination access and uptake.
A recording of a webinar hosted on Monday, November 9, 2020, which will cover:
- The development, distribution, and allocation of COVID-19 vaccines.
- An overview of Operation Warp Speed (OWS), a multi-federal-agency effort to quickly develop safe and effective treatments and vaccines for COVID-19.
- Key considerations about shifting COVID-19 response from a public health emergency to a routine, endemic virus.
Participants will need to complete all on-demand lessons, estimated three hours, prior to the live session.
Nominations are open until November 23, 2020.
NAGTRI will provide a limited number of scholarships to selected participants to participate in the training. Offices are not guaranteed a slot, though NAGTRI makes every effort to accept nominees from as many attorney general offices as possible for each training.
Contact your nominator: If you are interested in attending this training, click the button below and follow the instructions to contact your office’s NAGTRI Nominator and submit your interest.
Individuals who full attend and participate in this training will eligible for CLE credit. View NAGTRI’s CLE policy.
If you or anyone in your office has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Parker Schmidt at email@example.com.