Hosted by the NAAG Center for Excellence in Governance.
The NAAG Leadership Institute: London is an annual retreat that provides a members-only environment for attorneys general to build and nurture relationships studying foundational democratic and rule-of-law principles while discussing the responsibilities of public leadership.
With the goal of strengthening the ties that bind state attorneys general as leaders and colleagues, the London Institute will bring together a bipartisan group of 6-8 attorneys general annually to study and discuss the institution of state attorney general and our democratic system in a safe, confidential environment.
The London Institute will include meetings with UK government officials, visits to historic sites, and candid, facilitated discussions of:
- Foundational values and principles of our constitutional and democratic tradition and the historic role state attorneys general play within that tradition.
- The daily realities of elected office, the unique experiences that only attorneys general share, and participants’ original intentions when seeking public office.
- Vexing issues currently facing elected leaders including polarization, partisanship, and distrust of government.
- Exercising ethical and moral leadership – both individually and collectively – in the face of common challenges.
Devoted to nurturing the long-standing esprit de corps among state attorneys general, the London Institute will offer an inspiring and transformative experience to empower attorneys general in their mutual commitment to:
- Collectively serve and protect the public interest.
- Maintain the institutional and collaborative integrity of the attorney general community and the National Association of Attorneys General.