Our excellence in governance programming is devoted to strengthening individual and collective leadership among state attorneys general by establishing platforms to study and discuss the responsibilities of public leadership and service.
We achieve this mission through:
- Enhancing civil, bipartisan dialogue and engagement among attorneys general.
- Helping attorneys general respond to the challenges inherent in elected office.
- Facilitating the exercise of thoughtful and committed leadership in contemporary context.
The Association works to promote the exchange of knowledge, experiences, and insights among the attorney general community through:
- The annual International Leadership Institute that provides a confidential environment for attorneys general to build and nurture relationships while studying and discussing the responsibilities of public leadership.
- The Leadership Institute for Chief Deputy Attorneys General that serves as an educational opportunity for participants to work with their peers and gain a greater understanding of ethical and moral principles.
- A peer-to-peer exchange program that fosters relationships between two attorneys general of opposite parties in a collaborative learning environment.
- Collaboration with the National Constitution Center (NCC) in a series of bipartisan town hall events featuring attorneys general discussing current constitutional and legal issues.
- Solicitors General and the Supreme Court
- The Constitutional Role of the State Solicitor General
- Social Media and Public Health: A Conversation Featuring State Attorneys General
- The Coronavirus and the Law: A Conversation with Two State Attorneys General
- Policing Reform: A Conversation with Two State Attorneys General
- Federalism and States' Rights in 2021 and Beyond
Email Mike Kuykendall at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about these programs.
- Public Health
- Substance Use