Washington, D.C. — The National Association of Attorneys Generals (NAAG) announced its annual award winners during the Capital Forum on Dec. 7.
Tennessee Attorney General Herbert H. Slatery III was the recipient of the Kelley-Wyman Award, NAAG’s most prestigious honor given annually to the attorney general who has done the most to advance the objectives of the Association.
The Attorney General Senior Staff of the Year Award, given to those who have provided exceptional service to NAAG and the attorneys general community through exemplary leadership, expertise, and achievement, was awarded to:
- Jonathan Blanton, deputy attorney general for Major Litigation, Ohio Attorney General’s Office
- Jonathan Garelick, chief of staff, New Jersey Attorney General’s Office
The Attorney General Career Staff of the Year Award recognizes individuals who have helped advance the work of attorneys general through creativity, perseverance, dedication, and commitment. This year’s award was presented to:
- Patrick McCormally, assistant attorney general, Maryland Attorney General’s Office (awarded posthumously)
- Daniel Mosteller, deputy general counsel, North Carolina Attorney General’s Office
The National Attorneys General Training and Research Institute (NAGTRI), NAAG’s research and training arm, presented the NAGTRI Faculty of the Year Award to a faculty member who has significantly contributed to developing and presenting quality legal training for their counterparts in attorneys general offices. The 2021 recipient is:
- Liza Tran, division chief, Trial Division, Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for photos of the awards ceremony.
# # #