This forum is hosted by the NAGTRI Center for Leadership Development.
Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 2:00 to 3:30 P.M. ET
This forum will discuss the public health and legal issues (e.g., constitutional issues, statutes, case law, vaccine requirements, incentives, remote work policies) surrounding COVID-19 as attorney general offices look at returning employees to the office, including:
- An overview of the legal implications of employer-based vaccine requirements, including constitutional, statutory, and case law considerations. An examination of the legal issues surrounding the use of exemptions and/or accommodations for those who cannot or choose not to be vaccinated.
- A presentation of aggregate data from a survey to attorney general offices regarding their possible or adopted policies regarding staff members’ return to in-person work (e.g., requiring or incentivizing COVID-19 vaccinations).
- A discussion of other key public health considerations for attorney general offices as they continue to plan for or implement policies related to COVID-19 and in-person work (e.g., continued use of masking, social distancing, or other adaptations to physical spaces).
- Blake Bee, Director, NAGTRI Center for Leadership Development
- Amanda Bowes, NAAG Health Policy Analyst
- Dorit Reiss, Professor, Hastings College of the Law, University of California
- Andrea Godfrey, Deputy Chief of Staff, Delaware Attorney General’s Office
- Leslie Bridges, Senior Deputy of the Public Protection Section, Tennessee Attorney General’s Office
This forum is open to attorney general staff members. This forum is intended to be actively participatory. Participants will be using Zoom and able to ask questions and turn on their videos as they join the discussion. If you have any questions, please contact Emily Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration deadline is Tuesday, July 13 at noon ET.
If you have created your NAAG account and receive an error message when trying to register, please make sure you have entered your organization under your profile. You may need to wait up to 24 hours after your account is verified by your office before being able to register for this forum.
NAGTRI will apply for CLE for attendees eligible under CLE accrediting body guidelines.